Pages

If you're a fan of Wilbur Smith, Nelson DeMille, Alistair Maclean, Desmond Bagley... or if you just love a good adventure story, this novel is for you.

How My Blog Novel Works

Click on the 'Chapter 1' tab above. That will take you to the start of my novel.
Every weekday I aim to write 500 words or so. As each chapter is finished, I'll add another Chapter Tab. Each time you visit the site, simply return to where you left off, and continue reading as the story grows and develops, chapter by chapter.
PS: Can you please share this with all your friends!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why Write In First Person?

This novel is written in first person. That might seem strange.
I think it made the story harder to plot (because I have to tell the story from one person's perspective, rather than as an overview), but I think it also helps the story in other ways.
One thing I wanted to show through this novel was the way Todd Kent would react to the extraordinary circumstances he finds himself in. I want him to be 'out of his depth'. Telling the tale from his perspective helps me make his plight more personal.
It's also reminiscent of the way Desmond Bagley and even Alistair Maclean wrote; that first person tale. In Maclean's case, the hero was often heroic... in Bagley's case that was less often the case.
Anyhow, Todd Kent is soon going to find himself out of his depth and in an adventure he is not prepared for!

I've posted new pages for Chapter One as the story begins to unfold. To find the latest pages click on the 'Chapter 1' tab and scroll down to the bold first sentence. That's where we pick up the action again.

No comments:

Post a Comment